In 1966 Gold Key Travel, Ltd. began in Longmont under the guidance and leadership of Mrs. Mitzi Wood (front row, right) and her business partner, Mrs. Pat Meade. The firm has operated continuously since then and has employed three generations of family members in addition to several long-time, loyal staff members. Mitzi and Tom Wood’s son Don Wood (back row, second on left) and his wife, Karen Kanemoto Wood (front row, middle), have led the company since 1979 and now the company president is Don and Karen’s son, Eric Wood (back row, middle). In 1985 Mitzi turned her full-time attention to her volunteer work with the Longmont Chamber of Commerce. Other key staff members include the daughters of Mitzi and Tom Wood. Both Cindy Hoge (back row, second from right) and Kathy Pillmore (back row, right) have planned and led many excursions throughout the world. The Wood, Hoge and Pillmore families are known for their high ethical standards and personal warmth in their daily business activities.
These families and Gold Key Travel continue to be a positive part of the Longmont and Boulder County communities, having served thousands of residents in individual, family and group travel pursuits across the globe. The owners and staff members of Gold Key Travel are involved in a variety of community activities and civic organizations including:
- A program with the Longmont Senior Center which facilitates group travel opportunities for hundreds of seniors who might not otherwise be able to participate in these experiences
- Longmont Rotary Club where Don Wood served as president.
- A Woman’s Work where Karen Wood served on the Board of Directors
- St. Vrain Valley School District – with support of bond elections, tutoring at Central Elementary and Skyline High School, and assistance with travel needs including musical group trips
- Support of the I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder County.
The owners and staff of Gold Key Travel with their expertise and experience are an important part of the local community – they work to make a bright future possible.